Re: [Hampshire] best distro for a small business laptop

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] best distro for a small business laptop
On 15 September 2014 21:14, Lisi <hantslug@???> wrote:
> This has just been drawn to my attention. I haven't tried it, but it seems to
> tick a lot of the boxes and might be worth a look. It is Debian based with
> TDE 3.5.13.2 as default desktop.
>
> http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08592

I tried it on a old P4 with 1GB RAM and it was great using only 256Mb
. Major issues was lack of default applications. Wish it had VLC and a
pdf reader. Other than that its debian inside and changing
sources.list and installing from stable repos was a breeze.

I recommend it for old systems but with small modifications and also
would be great if there is a live cd.

Regards,
Pavithran

--