Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
On 05/04/11 00:35, Martin N wrote:
> It would be good to know how talk talk handle the MAC code? transfer
> to another
> ISP. I heard a while ago that talk talk are poor at cooperating with ISP
> switch overs away from them.
>
> I dont want to be without broadband for weeks or maybe months just
> because
> talk talk drag their feet. This is why i haven't switched yet.

Having done this a few times with other operators I have never
encountered a hitch. I was given a day when the new service went live
and experienced an outage of a few hours on that day. My old service
expired on that day and I was billed accordingly.

The guide here* makes it sound painless, but then maybe they haven't
encountered talk talk yet! ;-) I guess the important thing is the point
they make at the end of the article, i.e. don't cancel the old service.

Sean

* http://www.broadband.co.uk/guides/change-provider/

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk