Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
On 04/04/2011 14:16, Benjie Gillam wrote:
> Virgin customer support is pretty terrible though. With Eclipse I never needed to call support, despite moving house 3 times!

One trick with virgin is to call support and if you get "offshored" support hang up and try again until you hear a north eastern or scottish voice.
Only then will you get operable support.

A friend had her phone line cut off by VM for *months* and asked a foreign droid to disable her redirect to mobile
as her line was now reconnected. The pratt disconnected her phone line. VM wanted her to pay a connection fee
until she managed to speak to someone in the UK with a brain. :-)

I have had similar experiences with "offshored" support but as I have a north eastern accent the misinderstandings
mean they never have a chance to screw up my services too badly.

Jacqui

p.s virgin business are a **way, way** worse. I have been trying to get VMbusiness to provide some costings and features
for a business plan for someone. I tried three times to get them to call me back or provide some *idea* of costings
via email of phone. Thier sales staff did not even admit they provided virtual call center services until I pointed
them to thier own web site. I mean how hard can it be to cost out a 10 line support virtual call center service?

If thier pre-sales support is "worse than useless" how bad could thier post sales support be?

Muppets