Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

> I'm coming to towards the end of
> my most recent 12-month contract and I'm considering alternatives. I'd
> also
> love to get rid of BT at the same time an even more evil company...

I'm with Eclipse[1]. They're OK - far from perfect, but reasonable enough
that I haven't thrown my toys out of the pram and gone elsewhere.

They've recently been trying to sell me line rental - apparently, they can
run that side of the business, rather than having to deal with BT. I
haven't tried it, so I don't know if that works...

> I note that some ISPs provide "unlimited" downloads at night, others do
> not. I
> probably pull less than 10 GiB a month during the day, but possibly over 1
> GiB
> a night (if there is some good HD stuff on the Beeb).

I get 30GB a month during peak times, and unlimited off-peak. I believe
that upstream is also unmetered - good news for us VoIP users. I forget
which times are classified as "off-peak" - they did change them (to my
detriment), but it's still pretty good.

Vic.

[1] As I am a NewNet reseller, I ought to be a NewNet customer. But I
haven't got round to switching, and I suspect I never will :-)