Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Ian Grody
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
Andrews & Arnold & some other ISP's will let you move your PSTN service
to them for management (so you never need to speak with BT yourself ever
again.) A&A have an excellent rep. for dealing with BT and getting them
to actually do things. They do however use the O2/BE LLU. However, they
are not exactly 'cheap'. BE do too, but by reading you are on an
unbundelled exchange, it could be hard to find any decent ISP's other
than BT themselves. If you are able to get BEthere, you actually use
different equipment in the exchange (same lines to it though), but
generally yield far better results (as BE is not subject to DLM) & offer
both Annex A or M as standard.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

will tell you more about your exchange and what it has to offer. Virgin
media aren't all too bad, depends on your area. Other options are FTTx
products (BT Infinity (some other ISP's offer this service too) or
Smallworld.

If you have the money, you can get a fibre leased line into your
premises, this is available to almost anywhere in the UK (Andrews &
Arnold).