Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
On 05/04/11 08:40, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> The guide here* makes it sound painless, but then maybe they haven't
> encountered talk talk yet! ;-) I guess the important thing is the point
> they make at the end of the article, i.e. don't cancel the old service.

If you don't get your MAC within 5 business days of requesting it you
can go to Ofcom and file a formal complaint.

If you're really having trouble there is a trick you can use. If you
share the house (for example with your spouse) if you change the BT
account into another name it automatically causes a cease order to go
through on the ADSL which the ISP can't stop. The ISP have no contract
with the new subscriber so their link to the line dies with the contract
transfer.

Cheers,
Paul.