Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Martin N
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
Lo,

At 19:02 05/04/2011, you wrote:
>On 05/04/11 08:40, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>>The guide here* makes it sound painless, but then maybe they haven't
>>encountered talk talk yet! ;-) I guess the important thing is the point
>>they make at the end of the article, i.e. don't cancel the old service.
>

>If you don't get your MAC within 5 business days of requesting it
>you can go to Ofcom and file a formal complaint.

I thought it was longer than that even months after you have had some months
conversing with your ISP before you can go to ofcom.
or has this changed recently?

>If you're really having trouble there is a trick you can use. If you
>share the house (for example with your spouse) if you change the BT
>account into another name it automatically causes a cease order to
>go through on the ADSL which the ISP can't stop. The ISP have no
>contract with the new subscriber so their link to the line dies with
>the contract transfer.

Interesting, but can the ISP file a black mark on my credit reference?

I had trouble switching from ukonline 5 years ago and eventually i just
cancelled the direct debit which could of earned me a black mark
but i never did check to see if they did do it.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups