Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Martin N
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
At 11:15 04/04/2011, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I currently have Talk-Talk as my ISP at home, originally starting
>with Nildram
>and as them changed hands many times (Pipex -> Tiscali -> TalkTalk).
>It's fair
>to say that the customer service standard has dropped with each take over and
>while the monthly cost has fallen a little. I'm coming to towards the end of
>my most recent 12-month contract and I'm considering alternatives.

I am in a similar boat having joined pipex initially for a better
service but i have frequent
disconnects with tiscali and talk talk . Their help line is in India
as well. :(

It would be good to know how talk talk handle the MAC code? transfer
to another
ISP. I heard a while ago that talk talk are poor at cooperating with ISP
switch overs away from them.

I dont want to be without broadband for weeks or maybe months just because
talk talk drag their feet. This is why i haven't switched yet.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups