Re: [Hampshire] Linux friendly printer

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux friendly printer
On Sat, Nov 21 at 05:48, Adam John Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My elder Epson ink-jet printer has become increasingly unstable (mechanical
> failure I'm sure). I'm looking for a laser printer to replace it. Requirements

We have an HP4150DPN brought from Jamies many years ago.
1200 dpi colour networked Postscript.

Seen them going for free on Freecycle a few years back.

It's an office grade printer, built out of girders, I'm not kidding when I
say it's a two man lift. Consumables (HP original not clones) are as cheap
as chips since it's obsolete.

Only issue, it consumes 45W in standbye.  We use it for frost protection in
the garden office.
--
        Bob Dunlop