[Hampshire] Linux friendly printer

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Linux friendly printer
Hi,

My elder Epson ink-jet printer has become increasingly unstable (mechanical
failure I'm sure). I'm looking for a laser printer to replace it. Requirements
are:

1) Wired networked

2) 600dpi, I don't need to pay for higher, but it's okay if it's higher

3) Duplex would be nice but is not essential.

4) Must work with Linux

5) USB or parallel port okay but not essential if wired network is there.

6) Postscript nice but not essential if Linux (CPUS) driver works perfectly

7) Low volume printing - don't need heavy duty cycle but don't want toner to
"go off" if unused for months at at time

8) Don't need a scanner function etc

9) A4 Only.

Any suggestions? I've no brand loyalty.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

In a world without walls - who needs windows?
    -- anon