Re: [Hampshire] Xubuntu 12.04/Mac OS X 10.6.8 sound issue

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xubuntu 12.04/Mac OS X 10.6.8 sound issue
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25 at 08:30, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> When the NB200 was connected to the mains via its charger a very audible
> high-pitched whine would be introduced to the recording. However, by
> doing the recording on battery power and the whine disappeared. At the
> time I put it down to a badly shielded PSU made do with the workaround.

First thought from the 80s is "earth loop" between the deck and PP-3, the
PP-3 electronics being grounded via the USB lead/PC/MAC.

Try disconnecting the earth wire in the plug for your deck. Caution this
defeats a layer of electrical safety on the deck but we used to do it all
the time back then.

--
        Bob Dunlop