Re: [Hampshire] Xubuntu 12.04/Mac OS X 10.6.8 sound issue

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xubuntu 12.04/Mac OS X 10.6.8 sound issue
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:30:14 +0100
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> Originally it manifested on my Toshiba NB200 running Xubuntu 11.04
> through to 12.04 (and may have been present with Puppy LInux on the
> same hardware - I can't remember if that was the case now, but
> suspect it was*).
>
> The setup was as follows: the NB200 was connected to my NAD PP-3
> phono amplifier via USB in order to receive a signal from my record
> deck, which I would record using Audacity picking up the PP-3 as the
> input source (I often rip my vinyl purchases so that I can listen to
> them on my portable media player).

OK so this isn't the same question but is sort of related ;-)

My wife was recently given a Toshiba Keyboard EZ-200 that has no
built-in recording facility. Only outputs are headphone and midi.

Is it possible to link this keyboard to a PC so she could record any
mind-blowing compositions she might come up with?

It is no use to me whatsoever as I cannot tell one note from another
but my wife did (reluctantly) learn to play the piano as a child and
has been seen tinkling the ivories on this keyboard from time to time.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server