Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 14:11 +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:

> Saying that they're toys is an objective statement, which is why I'm
> saying you're wrong.

Hm. Actually, I think 'it's a toy' is a subjective statement, though not
necessarily derogatory or pejorative.

I think of cars or trucks for track days.
Or indeed, convertibles .. in what way is a convertible not a toy?
I think of musical instruments and the like.

Each of those things can be at one and the same time both useful tool
and toy, earner and pleasure.

I'd quite like one of those toy cars, but I chose a non-toy car so I can
transport bulky items to and from one of the toys that I do have.

I am rather with John in that I too think the phone/tablet market may be
a tail wagging a dog. I need the dog! The tail is cute, but so what?

Just my two penn'rth.

Gordon.