Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:11:14 +0100
Samuel Penn <sam@???> wrote:

> On Saturday 23 June 2012 12:22:05 john lewis wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:56:16 +0100
> >
> > Samuel Penn <sam@???> wrote:
> > >
> > > What does this even mean? What is "serious computing kit"? Were
> > > you expecting to be able to run a climate modelling application
> > > on it? Or maybe just run a web server for a small business?
> >
> > My comments were based on what I need a computer for and for me
> > tablets, smart phones and similar "modern" devices are useless.
>
> So you don't like them. That doesn't make them toys.
>
> Saying that they're toys is an objective statement, which is why I'm
> saying you're wrong.

We aren't going to agree on this so pointless continuing, as for
ipwhatever my typing is still as bad as it ever was so if I confuse
'o' and 'a' blame it on that and old age.

PS I don't like OS/X either and if it was easier to put Debian on the
mini mac I was given I would but as it is can't be bothered.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server