Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Nick Chalk wrote:

> I'm starting to think I'm a builder - over the last fortnight, I've used
> a masonry drill more than a keyboard.

Not to worry, that's probably a more lucrative career anyway :)

> > Nick says that donations should be okay, but advanced notice if people
> > are thinking of bring much stuff would be helpful.
>
> ....but they're relatively easy to handle.

I have a couple of items I'd like to bring in assuming I can get them
there, though it's only going to be stuff fit for recycling, nothing you
can sell on I'm afraid. One or two old desktop machines, a very old and
partially defunct laptop, maybe a few other odds and ends.

> > Also if people are thinking of buying stuff - otherwise Nick would be
> > the only person there and it might be a bit hectic.
>
> This is more tricky - partly because I haven't been involved in sales
> for about a year.
>
> If there's a reasonable number of people interested in a sale, we can
> arrange for staff to be present to run it. We'll need a bit of notice,
> though.

There are a couple of things I'd be interested in if you have them, I'm
looking for a replacement small desktop unit, possibly some RAM and maybe
a PSU.

> We do have two dual-Itanium servers, if anyone's interested. I think
> they're both 800MHz, one with 8GB RAM, the other 16GB. :-)

Tempting as it sounds that is probably outside my price range...

Andy