Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

> Adrian Bridgett wrote:
>>
>> I've also started a page on BoF (birds of a feather suggestions from a
>> little while ago) [2]. I think it would be more interesting all
>> around if we had a bit more focused discussion - I'm sure there are
>> some common things people would like to bounce ideas around on, if
>> only they knew who else was interested.
>
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>
> Has a menu of BoF sessions been planned for tomorrow and any idea of
> times, I will hold a training session free for all, I'll sit alone in a
> corner with a 'D' hat and a packet of old crayons if no one joins me and
> put it down to experience, but am looking forward to discussing DB front
> ends and general LUG plans.
>
> Don't ask me about my archive project, it's still highly experimental and
> slightly dangerous;)

At todays meeting the BoF's were very useful, I have some more DBfe ideas
including the possibility of using Ruby on Rails which was much acclaimed.

I thought for a moment or two that I needed my packet of crayons but the
BoF training session was very well attended, we all compiled plenty of
ideas which I will write up over the weekend and post on a separate page
as so much interesting stuff was said.

I did end up discussing my archive project - thanks Nick;) I avoided this
as I have completely broken the project with the protocol I have laid down
plans for, those damn Eureka moments!! Managed to find the perfect server
for Mark-II at Jamie's:)

Good meeting,

Cheers Damian

--