[Hampshire] Problem running a program

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Problem running a program

I am trying to use a program called mandvd, particuarlly the section for
making digital still montage, I am running mepis 6.5

The problem is that it stops half way through with

[dvd-slideshow] waiting for mpeg2enc to finish... (taken from the log it
produces)

I have left it several hours in this position and nothing happens (there
minimal cpu activity, the same I normally see when the PC is sat idling). If
I manually close mpeg2enc the compilation will finish, but as you can guess
the finished product is not complete (due to the process waiting to finish I
guess), all I get is a black screen with the music which runs for around 30
seconds instead of the assumed 5 minutes

The app can be found here (its also in the mepis repos from where I downloaded
it but bare with me)

On the page it list a bunch of files that are required and there version. Now
this is where there may be a problem, on my installed system I have

DVD Slideshow, the repos version is 0.7.2 but the program requires 0.7.5
Netpbm, the repos version is 10.0-10 but the program requires 10.29
Lame, the repos version is 3.96.1-1 but the program requires 3.97

and

ImagMagick on the list, is that a typo which is the same as Imagemagick in the
repos (version numbers are the same)??

All the other files have the correct version

Now would any of those packages cause the problem I have above?? is there
anyway to get the correct version of the above mentioned files??

I want to check everything I can before I contact the author\maintainer

Tim

ONE-CLICK WEBMAIL ACCESS - Easily monitor & access your email accounts!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!