Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> your set up.
>

> what's your set up at home? do you have a mail server website server?
> if so what's distro?

A couple of linux boxes
A couple of XP machines
An XP laptop.
Some dead suns, Sinclair QL's and an Amiga :-)

One firewall/mailgate connected to NTHell + DSL line.

I have to keep the box count down as I am too lazy to power
down and the leccy bill gets serious.

I am looking at having a light firewall/desktop box openMosix'd
to a couple of much heavier machines. When I am awake
the other boxes would be enabled and my desktop would fly.

I also plan to run VM's on the cluster, rather than have
dev, test and live boxes all over the place.

My big problem is disk space and network connectivity.

Jacqui