Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Alex Phillips
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> your set up.
>

> what's your set up at home? do you have a mail server website server?
> if so what's distro?
>
> I have 3 pc's at home

Ok, I'll play :)

I have one p133 with no fans running ip-cop as my firewall, one p700
Compaq deskpro with 4 IDE disks running Debian, as my fileserver, and an
p4 2.8 box running WindowsXP for me to play games on, and Ubuntu the
rest of the time

The wife has an athlon 2.4Ghz box running XP, and the kids have a 1Gz
athlon box running XP also. I would get rid of the windows boxes, but
both the wife and I are addicted to MMORPGs, and there aren't any decent
ones that run on linux.

I have a works HP tablet PC, which dual boots XP/Ubuntu, but I can't get
the wireless or the tablet bit to work in ubuntu, so the XP will remain
for a while longer.

I also have a Compaq Alpha xp100 workstation running Debian, which is
rarely booted as it is astonishingly loud, I keep meaning to offer it to
Nick Chalk to run VMS on, but that might mean I'd have to make it to
another meeting.

Thats only seven boxes, thats not too many :)

I also have 2 half height 19inch racks in the garage, if anyone is in
desperate need of one.

Alex.