[Hampshire] Google drive files and dropbox

Author: Edward Beckmann
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Google drive files and dropbox
Hi

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) of sync'ing drive files locally,
or directly with a dropbox account, with linux as the OS.

I'm not into a debate about the trust / security issues of either as they
are a separate issue. There simply seems to be a variety of free and
paid-for offerings and I'd welcome the experience of anyone who has tried
to achieve this themselves.

Personally, dropbox works for me but I need to be able to link to files in
a cloud as opposed to locally. Running a separate data server myself is not
an option.

Many thanks

--
Ed