Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files

Author: Owain Clarke
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files
On 13/05/13 19:59, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Can I ask, how long since you last tried Evince? I only ask as I used
> to feel the same but more recently, I can't complain how it renders
> PDF. Maybe it has improved a lot recently and worth looking at again.
>
> For a tabbed viewer, there is qpdfview. I have not used it myself, but
> it uses the same libs as evince to render PDF's, so should do just as
> well. Maybe worth a try if Acroread dies for good.
>
> Finally, could the windows version of acroread work in Wine?

This is taking it away from the original issue, but I managed perfectly
well with Evince until I had to read downloaded journal articles which
were only available for 24 hours. Evince couldn't cope with this -
after extensive internet searching I concluded I needed Acroread's
security features to read the files

Owain