Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Accessing genealogy data on PDF files
On 13 May 2013 12:11, john lewis <zen57162@???> wrote:

> For quite a few years I've used (non-free) acroread to access these
> files quite simply because the free readers (evince, xpdf, et al) just
> aint good enough.

Hi John,

Can I ask, how long since you last tried Evince? I only ask as I used to
feel the same but more recently, I can't complain how it renders PDF. Maybe
it has improved a lot recently and worth looking at again.

For a tabbed viewer, there is qpdfview. I have not used it myself, but it
uses the same libs as evince to render PDF's, so should do just as well.
Maybe worth a try if Acroread dies for good.

Finally, could the windows version of acroread work in Wine?

--
Philip Stubbs