Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following …

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following advice re Ubuntu
Hi All

I have several computers which I play with.

I have one which has no problems working with Ubuntu 10.04. I have two second
hand laptops which fell over trying to install 10.04. I have another laptop
which 10.04 worked on with no problem.

Compared to 8.04 10.04 is slow on my eeepc, So I removed it.

There is a distribution known as Wattos (http://www.planetwatt.com/) which has
a version based on 10.04 which worked on some of my laptops very nicely.

There is Linux Mint which normally uses distributions based on Ubuntu. It has
brought out a version based on debian which is quite nice.

I hope this info helps.

John Eayrs