Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following…

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What would you do, faced with the following advice re Ubuntu
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 17:42:57 +0100 (+0100), Lisi wrote:
[snip]
> Incidentally, so far, the course is a little disappointing. The first week's
> work is actually wrong in some of its facts. E.g., Ubuntu shadows Debian
> Stable's six monthly release, and is released about a month after it. I kid
> you not. They really said that. :-( And one page is clearly quoting some
> of Microsoft's more inaccurate FUD. :-(

I suspect someone got their facts a little wrong here - Ubuntu shadows
Debian unstable or testing not stable. But they do resync from it
every six months. More details here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Expert Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS