Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer?…

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer? And a fewother things
Becky Taylor wrote:
> As the title may suggest, I have - It left a big greasy mark on my
> laptop screen. I'm ashamed to say my keyboard is filled with biscuit
> crumbs as well... :-o
>
> Has anyone here tried Chrome yet? I have, and I love it, it's so fast.
> I'm starting to prefer it to firefox, which I thought would never happen.
>
> I was looking in the official Google store, and became entranced by
> 'blinky pins' - 'Google' logos that flash in the colours of the google
> logo. Only £1.50 - bargain! I saw 'Google Goo' as well - silly putty
> with the google logo on the tub. Hmm I wonder what it's like to work at
> google... (goes off into daydream)
>
> Also, has anyone ever been to the York Install-fest? I'm going this
> weekend, hope it's good :) I missed the LUG radio event, and have been
> told that was the last one, I was really hacked off. :(
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had any odd things that had happened to
> their computers, or other such stuff - My friend electrocutes himself
> mildly every time he presses the shift key on his laptop (or so he says).
>
> Becky

If it's weird light up things you like then try out these radioactive
(seriously) keyrings:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/21/light_up_your_life/

Ubuntu also do all sorts of neat stuff if you are a bit of a fanboy/girl
including the same silly putty type stuff.

My laptop used to zap me whenever my hand was in a certain position on
the touchpad! I wince just looking at it now!

I used to repair computers for a living for two years and I saw some
really shocking things. One of the worst was a case that was two inches
deep in cigarette ash (it was over heating oddly enough).

Ritchie

<no clever autosig yet>