Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer?…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer? And a few other things
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:07:12 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:41:01PM +0100, Becky Taylor wrote:
> > As the title may suggest, I have - It left a big greasy mark on my
> > laptop screen. I'm ashamed to say my keyboard is filled with
> > biscuit crumbs as well... :-o
>
>    Mice really don't like Lemsip -- the buttons stick down and they're
> impossible to clean properly.

>    However, after an incident with half a pint of orange juice, my IBM
> Model M keyboard cleaned up beautifully (small pot of water and some
> cotton buds, plus soaking the keycaps in soapy water for an hour or
> so) and was pretty much unaffected by the process.

I have two of those that died after coffee got spilled on them - must
have another go at cleaning them as I'd much prefer one of those to the
Compaq keyboard I am left with. I was seriously thinking I'd have to
dismantle them to clean out the gunge but haven't yet found a tool that
will access those deeply recessed screws so they are still unused.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop