Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer?…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Has anyone ever got pasta on their computer? And a few other things
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:50:15 +0000 (UTC)
Nick Chalk <nick@???> wrote:

> Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:
> > However, after an incident with half a pint of
> > orange juice, my IBM Model M keyboard cleaned up
> > beautifully (small pot of water and some cotton
> > buds, plus soaking the keycaps in soapy water
> > for an hour or so) and was pretty much
> > unaffected by the process.
>
> I understand dishwashers are an efficient way of
> cleaning Model M's.

I only have an old fashioned dishwasher aka SWMBO ;-)

> For the really grubby examples, the plastics and
> keycaps can be soaked in a Milton solution. Just
> remember to put the keycaps back in the right
> places...

I took all the keycaps off one to reset it to dvorak layout but found
my bad habits were so engrained in my memory that I typed even less
well with that layout so went back to qwerty layout

At least with M type keyboards you don't have lots of plastic & springy
bits to lose unlike a Vaio laptop I once had to replace worn keycaps
on.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop