Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

Author: Andy Ransom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Paul Tansom via Hampshire wrote:

> I'm happy to back up Andy to spread the load on managing the list / website
> (simplified as per the PLUG one I should think) and to do as we do at PLUG and
> ensure multiple lugmasters.

Thanks Paul, that is good to know.

> Anyone is welcome to attend our PLUG meetings though :)

I've enjoyed the PLUG meeting I've been to and I'd recommend them to
anyone who misses the old Hants LUG meetings.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016, Chris Dennis via Hampshire wrote:

> The only ongoing cost would be ?6 per year to keep the domain name.

I'm still of the opinion that the LUG funds should be used to purchase
that for some years to come, but that can be discussed at the AGM.

> As the current web/hostmaster, I will be more than happy to hand over control
> to someone new when a decision has been made.

Thanks Chris, exactly what happens to the website will obviously depend on
the outcome of the AGM, but hopefully we can find a viable and
maintainable way forward which doesn't see the site going offline
completely.

> I don't think I ever took over complete control of the mailing list --
> one Adrian Bridgett has that honour, as I recall. I do have an
> administrative password for it though.

As far as I'm aware I'm still the list admin (Adrian used to be the
hostmaster) and have been since 2003 when I took over from Cog. However
the list does mostly run itself, especially these days where the bandwidth
is low and there is very little admin to do. I'm willing to continue in
that role no mater what the outcome of the AGM.

         Andy
--
    Andrew Ransom <andy@???>
          [Hants LUG List Admin]