Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG
** Andy via Hampshire <hampshire@???> [2016-08-11 23:54]:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016, Lisi Reisz via Hampshire wrote:
> >On Thursday 11 August 2016 21:10:35 Tony Whitmore via Hampshire wrote:

<snip>
> For what it is worth (and assuming that a group of new and enthusiastic
> individuals doesn't step forward to form a new committee) I will be voting
> for option 2

Likewise, it would be a shame for the LUG to fold, and that seems to be the
best way of keeping the list in tact. Having been here through thick and thin
since sometime in the late '90s I'd be sad to see the list go the way of others
I've been on like the LBC (Linux Buyers Consortium if anyone remembers that
one!).

> >2) The committee is disbanded and the constitution suitably updated to
> >enable a sole LUG member to act as benefactor; to maintain the mailing
> >list and optionally the website as they see fit with a suitable degree of
> >consultation from the membership. In this case the current LUG funds will
> >not be handed over to the benefactor.
>
> and if nobody else wants the job I will volunteer as the LUG "benefactor",
> though I admit I'm unlikely to have time to do much other than answer a few
> emails each month.

I'm happy to back up Andy to spread the load on managing the list / website
(simplified as per the PLUG one I should think) and to do as we do at PLUG and
ensure multiple lugmasters.

> If there are people who would like to be on a new committee and have the
> time to actively participate in the running of the LUG then I encourage them
> to contact chairman@??? as outlined in Tim's email.

This would be the preferred option as it has the potential of having meetings
if there is someone out there with the time and inclination to organise them.
Anyone is welcome to attend our PLUG meetings though :)

** end quote [Andy via Hampshire]

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001
Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch | http://www.fsb.org.uk/