Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

Author: Andy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016, Lisi Reisz via Hampshire wrote:

> On Thursday 11 August 2016 21:10:35 Tony Whitmore via Hampshire wrote:
>> Is just leaving the hants.lug.org.uk domain and the mailing list intact
>> an option? Presumably that is zero cost and would allow what little
>> traffic there is to the mailing list (and whatever to the website) to
>> continue.
>
> Is that not down to lug.org.uk? So that will keep going anyway. Though they
> would need a lugmaster (point of contact).

In theory yes, at least as far as the mailing list goes, but in practice
lug.org.uk are likely to do whatever is reasonably asked of them by the
local LUG representatives.

I've seen requests to the lugmaster list before now to decommission LUGs
that are no longer active and as far as I know they have been actioned by
the lug.org.uk team.

For what it is worth (and assuming that a group of new and enthusiastic
individuals doesn't step forward to form a new committee) I will be
voting for option 2

> 2) The committee is disbanded and the constitution suitably updated to
> enable a sole LUG member to act as benefactor; to maintain the mailing
> list and optionally the website as they see fit with a suitable degree
> of consultation from the membership. In this case the current LUG funds
> will not be handed over to the benefactor.

and if nobody else wants the job I will volunteer as the LUG "benefactor",
though I admit I'm unlikely to have time to do much other than answer a
few emails each month.

If there are people who would like to be on a new committee and have the
time to actively participate in the running of the LUG then I encourage
them to contact chairman@??? as outlined in Tim's email.

         Andy
--
    Andrew Ransom <andy@???>