Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Annual General Meeting - Future of the LUG
Hi Tim,

On 10/08/16 22:59, Tim Brocklehurst via Hampshire wrote:
> We have three options (this will form the agenda for the meeting):
>
> 1) A new committee is elected and the LUG continues as normal. Existing
> committee members can stand for re-election. I will not be standing. -
> Please submit nominations to chairman@???
>
> 2) The committee is disbanded and the constitution suitably updated to
> enable a sole LUG member to act as benefactor; to maintain the mailing
> list and optionally the website as they see fit with a suitable degree of
> consultation from the membership. In this case the current LUG funds will
> not be handed over to the benefactor.
>
> 3) The group is wound up. The mailing list and website will be taken
> off-line and the domain-name either retained for 12 months, or given to
> another LUG in Hampshire. No funds will be retained (see below).

Is just leaving the hants.lug.org.uk domain and the mailing list intact
an option? Presumably that is zero cost and would allow what little
traffic there is to the mailing list (and whatever to the website) to
continue.

> Best regards,
>
> Tim Brocklehurst

Thanks to you and the other committee members for you efforts in keeping
things ticking over.

Tony