Re: [Hampshire] Top posting

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top posting
On 27 May 2014 12:51, Michael Pavling <pavling@???> wrote:
> On 27 May 2014 12:37, Freaky Clown <freakyclown@???> wrote:
>>
>> or you know... you could just get on with life and not worry about the
>> little things :)
>> many more fields of issues in the world that need more time and attention
>> brought to them
>

> yup... and if I wasn't spending so much effort trying to reverse-read
> upside-down conversations to try to work out what part of a reply might be
> in relation to a previous comment, I would have more time to devote to those
> other issues.
>

> In all seriousness... when posting to a mailing list of many hundreds (or
> more) people, it strikes me as presumptuous (if not a little rude) to assume
> that the as the writer the minute extra of my time it would take me to
> compose well a reply is more important to save than the accumulated hundreds
> of minutes of effort the readership have to expend :-/

Your presumption however assumes that it is that much harder to read?
If it really were, then all mail clients would make top-posting hard.

The fact that most of the corporate mail clients don't speaks volumes
for how the rest of the world thinks email should work.

Personally I'd rather see secure email solved rather than top/bottom posting

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@???

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.