Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box
On 4 Oct 2013 17:37, "Dr A. J. Trickett" <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> However I'm more likely to delete something by accident than have a drive
> failure. I've only ever had one drive go bad at home in 15 years, even

then
> SMART let me know and I was able to buy a new drive and rebuild the mirror
> without any down time, but I've deleted stuff I didn't want to many times.

I have just bought a new drive as mine is giving me SMART errors and is one
month out of warranty. I don't trust hard drives as it seems most of mine
die sooner or later.

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
http://www.strangeparty.com

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.