[Hampshire] mp3 players and playlist sync with MTP - anyone …

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] mp3 players and playlist sync with MTP - anyone got this working?
Hi,

Has anyone got MTP mode working with their mp3 players under Linux?

I'm trying to sync a playlist stored in Clementine [0] with my Sansa
Clip+ under Debian Wheezy. And failing miserably.

I've already asked on the Clementine support group about this [1] but
no response yet.

I am new to MTP under Linux and was curious if anyone has found
success with it. Sync with the Clip+ works as expected if I use
Windows Media Player 11.

In theory it should all work, the software I'm using supports it. I
feel I'm missing some libraries or some such.

Thanks!

[0] http://www.clementine-player.org/
[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/clementine-player/tpNUx9JXWD4

--
Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry