Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5808e100.hantslug.org.uk.7941': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 27 10:03:55 2013 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
On Friday 27 Sep 2013, Ally Biggs wrote:
> Al just out of curiosity what kind of back up or redundancy do you have in
> place? Need to get a few ideas myself.

I use rsnapshot onto another machine, which is running on a raid/mirror pair.
Things that are really important are also rnapshotted to an external drive and
DVD.

Not perfect but it has saved me when I deleted files I didn't intend to, or
when a disk in the server started to go bad.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for
the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all.
    -- John Maynard Keynes