Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] disk types and layout on a new box
Hi Ally,

On 27 September 2013 09:49, Ally Biggs <bluechrome@???> wrote:
> Al just out of curiosity what kind of back up or redundancy do you have in place? Need to get a few ideas myself.

I have an HP Microserver with 12x2TB disks (4 internal, 8 external in
an external array) which amounts to one big btrfs volume.

It runs rsnapshot every few hours to pull from my laptop, desktop and
various online servers. So I have regular backups of everything I care
about.

I have a Windows partition which I don't bother backing up because
it's only used for gaming, so all the content is "in the cloud".

Cheers,
Al.