Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras
Thanks everyone. Some feedback:

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:54:36 +0000, gordon@??? said:
> I think probably all of them now look like a USB memory stick.

Sadly not; my mum's current camera (she dropped and broke it) doesn't
appear as a USB memory (sorry, not sure offhand what make/model).

> FWIW I've always been an Olympus enthusiast

If Olympus "just work", that's a possibility, thanks. Any particular
(lower end) Olympus you'd recommend?

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:25:25 +0100, sean@??? said:
> Agreed, but I think I know what Keith is driving at; I suspect that he
> wants his mum to plug in the camera and for an application like Shotwell
> to pop up and more or less take care of copying the pictures to the hard
> drive and clearing down the memory card on the camera, with as little
> interaction as possible on his mum's part.

Exactly that: thanks, Sean

> We use Canons (I have a G12

Bit too high-end for Mummy (and it bit bloody expensive for son!)

Thanks,
Keith
--
"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."