Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras
On 16/06/13 11:37, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> Bit too high-end for Mummy (and it bit bloody expensive for son!)

Bit too expensive for me too - I was fortunate enough to receive it as a
gift! ;-)

I bought a Canon Ixus 127 HS for Caroline and it is superb - she is a
bit of a technophobe and gets on really well with it, having had several
cameras that she grumbled about before. It cost around £150 with a case
and memory IIRC, and appears to be available for considerably less now:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/canon/ixus-127-hs-digital-camera-in-black-83633/show.html

A couple of friends have Fujifilm cameras that have served them well,
just to back up that recommendation from someone else.

I bought my daughter a cheap Nikon compact (having for many years myself
been a Nikon SLR man), and was pretty disappointed by that in terms of
picture quality and build.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk