Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras
On 16/06/2013 09:12, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I'm looking for a simple-to-use camera that is Linux compatible. It's for
> my mum, who is in her 70s, so point, click is about as complex as it needs
> to be. Her PC runs Linux, supported by yours truly from 165 miles away, so
> ideally she would connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable and it
> would Just Work.
>
> Thanks

I think probably all of them now look like a USB memory stick.
I guess they're typically composite devices (MSD+Camera) as normally you
can also control them from PC.

One thing to check is that either it has a proper viewfinder, or the
screen is usable in bright sunlight. My wife's camera struggled with
that and we bought a pop-up sunshade for her camera:
http://delkin.com/c-147097-protect-pop-up-shade-universal.html
They're neat and work pretty well.

FWIW I've always been an Olympus enthusiast and Sue's that needed the
sun-shade was the only shortcoming, ever.

Gordon.

--
This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed, then cat und pastied into this email.

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.