Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras

Author: Peter Collins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux compatible cameras
Hi Keith,

On 16 June 2013 10:12, Keith Edmunds <kae@???> wrote:

> ideally she would connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable and it
> would Just Work.

Not a camera and not USB but have you seen Eyefi cards? they are SD
cards with built-in wifi and auto upload to various places including
Dropbox and FTP.

We have been using them at work for warehouse staff to picture
consignment damages etc. The biggest problem for us is that the data
uploads to Eye-fi's servers who then FTP back to us, so the data isn't
sensitive for current operations we are using it with Dropbox which is
then associated with are Owncloud server.

However I have notice there is a python eyefiserver:

https://github.com/tachang/EyeFiServer

I haven't played with it yet so couldn't give you any other comments
right now but it is on the to do list.

Rgds

Peter.