Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scamming call
Hi,

I also never confirm my name until I know who I am talking to.

"Hello, is that Mr. Paul Stimpson?"

"Can in help you?"

The witness protection scheme one is good but the one I love (and that surprisingly works) when someone calls asking if they can transfer my phone service to Yack Yack (or whoever) or sell me broadband is...

"I'm sorry. I don't have a phone. "

I've never had one of these call centre muppets ask "well, what am I talking to you on then?"

:-)

Cheers,
Paul.