Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Equality Act 2010 compliance

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Equality Act 2010 compliance
Hi,

I would say "yes" to it being a scam. I would also say it sounds like blackmail to me "if you don't do what we say and buy our service, 'someone' might dob you in."

Since the web link sent appears to be unique and therefore confirm to the sender of the email that your customer's email is valid and that the message was read by a human, I would advise them not to click on it as it will probably either bring more spam or make your customer interesting for phase 2 of "Operation Blackmail".

I'm slightly puzzled as to how a CRM product would help with a website accessibility issue.

If it was me, I would make sure that all images on the site had ALT tags (particularly of used for navigation) and that it's possible to visit it and find your way around using the lynx browser. If you can do that then anyone with screen reader software is going to have no trouble and I don't see how anyone would successfully claim the site owner hadn't made reasonable efforts.

Cheers,
Paul.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.--