Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity
I am starting to dislike Unity also now. It is not configurable enough.
For example, if you don't like the hidden menus, there should be a
setting to show them. Similar to the "auto hide" option on GNOME 2.
It should be easier to switch off features, like the dash amazon, but
on a global basis, so that when I add a new user, I don't have to go
in and switch off feature xyz again. If all I want is gedit, I don't
want it asking Amazon about it.