Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

It isn't just me.

I've been trying to warm to Unity and had pretty much given up.

I'd set-up my wife's account in Unity to see how a less computer-savvy
person gets on with the interface.
She does just mail, web, and very occasional WP, so nothing special.

Today she rebelled and declared it 'stupid'.

For her also, menus on the screen top-bar were so counter-intuitive that
she thought they'd been removed.

So now, for the moment at least, we've both reverted to Gnome.

Personally I'll likely now switch to an fvwm set-up, which I always
preferred, only having changed to Gnome to 'go with the flow'.

Sorry Alan, but we both strongly dislike Unity.

Gordon.