Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, ot…

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, others?
Hi Guys,

Well, curious.

I'm using headphones, so little of the suggestions appeared to apply.

However I went into the "Sound Preferences" to see what I could find
that might relate.

Pretty much everything looked sensible with the possible exception of
->Output "Output Connector" which offered "Analogue Output" or "Analogue
Headphones".

I tried shifting balance to 100% left and right, with no obvious effect,
selected "Analogue Headphones" and lost all sound(?), selected "Analogue
Output" again. All that before the lead vocal of this track (Ashley
Hutchings and Ken Nichol "I Am Prologue" from "Copper Russet and
Gold" .. excellent album BTW).

...And the vocal started just as it should!

I haven't actually changed any setting from before the problem, just
away and back. I can't tell which twiddle sorted it, but one did.

I do agree that phasing might be the problem, though I'm not wholly
convinced of that as some solo piano music sounded pretty much normal,
though that was .mp3, which _might_ have been different.

Anyhow, for the moment at least I seem sorted.

Thanks guys.

ATB,
     Gordon.