Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, ot…

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, others?
Hi Guys,

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 11:22 +0000, Gordon Scott wrote:

> I do agree that phasing might be the problem, though I'm not wholly
> convinced of that as some solo piano music sounded pretty much normal,
> though that was .mp3, which _might_ have been different.

The problem has reappeared and does indeed appear to be phasing-related.
If I go to System->Preferences->Sound->Output and adjust the balance, I
don't change the output balance, but the centre vocal appears decently
audible when adjusted to the extreme left and right.

The same adjustments I made last time the problem appeared are not now
solving the problem.

I'm continuing to investigate, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be
grateful.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
              Gordon