Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, o…

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Most odd behaviour playing .ogg, YouTube, others?
On 2012-11-06 10:18, Gordon Scott wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a strange behaviour that's recently started with .ogg and
> YouTube. Maybe other formats.
>
> When I play, the sound has the foreground vocal missing.
> Background music is present, though often sounds 'odd' to a greater
> or
> lesser extent, chorus vocals on songs are often there, there are
> artefacts of the foreground vocal, maybe reverb or some such. But the
> vocal itself is not there. It applies to music, talk, probably other
> things. On YouTube the video seems OK.

It sounds like it could be a phasing problem - one stereo track
cancelling the other out. I have seen it once or twice back in the early
days of the podcast, but not for years. I didn't do anything particular
to fix it either... You could try listening to each channel separately
and see if the same problems are noticeable.

Tony