Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: alan c
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity
On 30/09/12 10:08, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> On 29/09/12 08:20, john lewis wrote:
>> I am biased towards Debian as you all know and make no apologies for
>> promoting the "Debian Way" A large majority of HantsLUG members were
>> Debian users a few years back but for some reason chose to go with the
>> new kid on the block.
>
> I moved my laptop (and soon desktop) from Debian to Ubuntu over six
> years ago, for good reasons[1]. Although Debian have addressed many of
> the issues that made me move away, Ubuntu have not (yet?) given me a
> good reason to move back.
>
> http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/blog/2006/01/27/sorry-debian/

I am deeply appreciative of Debian including because Ubuntu depends on
it heavily in a number of ways. I support and use Ubuntu a lot, in
part because the governance and its ethic is most broadly community
friendly, and not least because it has undiluted commercial, mass
market, ambitions. These aspects, for me, make it seem most likely
that Ubuntu will go mass market, other things being equal........

I wish.

--
alan cocks