Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity
On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:45:19 +0000
Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:20:56AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> > Apple have always adopted the attitude that their way of doing
> > things is the only way and make it very difficult if not impossible
> > to reconfigure the look of their OS. Is that now the route Canonical
> > are going to follow?
> >
> > I am biased towards Debian as you all know and make no apologies for
> > promoting the "Debian Way"
>
> Very much the paramilitary wing of the Debian Republican Army..

I wish!

I am sure there are plenty of Debian users who are far more militant
than me. I'm not even a true follower of the 'Debian way' because I
use non-free software when I think open source apps aren't yet good
enough.

> > A large majority of HantsLUG members were Debian users a few years
> > back but for some reason chose to go with the new kid on the
> > block.
>
> And they are wrong and you will keep on about it until they change
> back? :)

I don't suppose that my opinions will have much influence and in any
case I may not be around all that much longer having recently had my
80th birthday.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server