Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
That was my first thought too, but I'm not sure how you'd go about remotely administering an iPad - I guess you could jailbreak it and install a VNC server of some kind. For remote administration I suspect Linux'd be a better bet.

That being said, what do you really need to administer? Buttons on iPad are big, clear and most importantly for someone not so computer-literate the interface across most apps on the platform is very consistent. They only have one hardware button they need to worry about. There's all sorts of very well implemented assistive technologies in the iPad, too.

Benjie.